Saturday, December 3, 2011

A tea lover's demand

Yerba mate
Bad weather calls for a visit to the local underground teashop. We had a sturdy lacquered Asian-styled tea table all to ourselves and this is what I found quietly sitting in one of the drawers awaiting the next Ms or Mr Serendipity. 

Yerba mate, a traditional South American drink, is prepared by steeping dried leaves in hot water. It is then served from a calabash gourd, with a metal straw that has a built-in filter. Interesting and rustic elements all thrown into one sketch.

I am rather curious to learn how this tea is going to taste. I'll add this to my list of to-dos when I return to the shop.

I would also be interested to hear about your tasting notes on this tea. Feel free to add your comments here.


 Blogeintrag auf Deutsch: Bitte einer Teeliebharberin

No comments:

Post a Comment