Saturday, August 4, 2012

After the rain

It was a warm afternoon followed by a thunderstorm, I was wondering if my sheng pu'er biscuit turned any easier to peel and prepare because of the higher levels of humidity in the air. This is a tea I usually reserve for colder days, but I was looking forward to tasting it in today's weather that resembles the tropics where it is most ideal for longer term pu'er storage.

Flaked sheng pu'er leaves from a 200 years old tree
Already, the first pieces came off very easily by hand. I continued working on the edges that present the easiest parts for peeling. Hard and messy work that explains my rarity in drinking this tea and a neglected Meng Chen style, canon-spouted tea pot that is well suited for this tea.

Tea is almost ready
The movement of the water level close to the spout helps me determine when infusion is complete. The brew is a  transparent golden liquid with a more distinct fruity note that was not picked up before. Indeed, no two tea sessions can ever be the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment