Friday, August 17, 2012

A respite from tea

As I embark on my water retasting project, I also decided to experiment with different boiling vessels and prepare tea with various combinations of mineral water brands and kettles. Obviously, some combinations made the tea taste worse than I have known them, leaving behind prominently burnt notes in my nose and mouth, not to mention a headache. In such cases, it is sensible to give your body a break and flush away the bad taste.


What went into my gaiwan today? It is technically speaking not tea but a restorative concoction of  goji berries and chrysanthemum flowers. The berry fruits are sweet and mildly tangy with a texture that is similar to sun dried tomatoes before infusion. The flowers smell beautifully comforting with a sweet fragrance. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment