Saturday, October 12, 2013

This morning's tea makes yesterday distant

Each time I sit myself down to prepare tea, many questions run through my mind. How do the leaves smell today? How do they differ after short periods of storage?

Then comes the preheating of vessel and cups, followed by the careful tossing of tea leaves into the warmed up pot. Every move is calculated to yield the tastiest cup of tea.

Colours, scents and flavours greet all my senses when the leaves open up sufficiently. This is when both consciously and subconsciously our minds collect the most information, which makes the last cup of tea I sipped seem distant when recollecting.

So, unless you have a photographic memory, visual references of the teas you drink alongside some scribbled down diary notes will go a longer way.

No comments:

Post a Comment